Weather in Rome: current and forecast
Italian Trains Timetable and especially Trenitalia, allowing you to book online.
Ticket costs provided, for reference.
www.atac.roma.it : Rome public transport system information. You can enter an address and a destination and the system then provides information, and a map, explaining what bus taking and at which stop getting off. It is very useful, particularly for areas which are not at walking distance.
Read also this article: How to purchase Italian train tickets online
The official tourist website of Rome's Municipality, available also in English, provides a wealth of updated tourist and travel information. In particular you find updated news on the events, a zoomable map of Rome, a map of Rome's subway network, and other useful tips.
AVOID IN ROME:
- Rome vacation rentals pitfalls
- How to choose the right location and Rome apartment
- What you should avoid in Rome (and in Italy)
FINAL GOLDEN ADVICE
Although planning your vacation in Rome will be useful, we advise you to "go with the flow" in Rome, for a number of reasons:
- when you will be on site simple yet ordinary things like a bus or taxi strike, a cranky taxi driver, a sudden museum employees strike, a rainy day (making motor traffic ever crazier), or possibly the beatification of a monk, a political rally, a local or international festival (the Italians are world masters for a number of these things...), or possibly that you are suddently tired or hungry as you go through the hard work of visiting the world-record town about tourist sights will torn apart whatever plan you might have. Remember, no one was able to visit Rome with a perfect plan without having a nervous breakdown!
- there are 1000s upon 1000s sights, so the best thing to do is to visit them without getting too stressed, and ... leaving the rest for the next visit.
- also enjoying leisure is part of a real Roman, and of your Rome visit (restaurants, evening promenades, shopping, meeting street artists, becoming part of sudden or improvised artistic or cultural events etc.). You will not be able to experience them if at the end of the day you will be dead tired after visiting the sights.